ISSUE-64: TextualDescriptionsForConcepts

From: SWD Issue Tracker <dean+cgi@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 13:14:35 +0000 (GMT)
To: public-swd-wg@w3.org

ISSUE-64: TextualDescriptionsForConcepts

http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/64

Raised by: Alistair Miles
On product: SKOS

SKOS currently has 7 "documentation"/"note" properties: skos:note,
skos:scopeNote, skos:defition, skos:historyNote, skos:editorialNote,
skos:changeNote, skos:example.

In the SKOS Core Guide
<http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-swbp-skos-core-guide-20051102>, 3 different design
patterns are allowed for these properties -- "documentation as an RDF literal",
"documentation as a related resource description", and "documentation as a
document reference".

Do we continue to allow these different design patterns? If we do, we have to
accept a complex range for these properties. Is that OK? How should we formally
specify that?