Re: ISSUE-27: Annotations on Labels

I've just been reading the use cases for this
issue. It seems that a resolution on this issue
should follow the same approach as the for Issue
26 (relationship between labels). The key
difference between issue 26 and issue 27 can be
summarized as follows:

- issue 26 concerns some property/characteristic
of the relation between two lexical labels of the
same concept, e.g. "RDF" is an abbreviation of
"Resource Description Framework"
- issue 27 concerns some statement about a single
lexical label, e,g its creation date

If we opt for "terms as classes" in Issue 26,
Issue 27 is also resolved. If we opt for the n-ary
relation approach (see my proposed resolution
[1]), then it makes sense to include a similar
solution for issue 27, e.g. through a
LabelProperty (instead of LabelRelation) relation.
There are some choices/issues wrt the
representation details, to which I will come back
in a follow-up message.

BTW some of the use cases mentioned in the
description of issue 27 actually belong to issue
26, e.g. use cases 8 and 10.

[1]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2007Feb/0181.html

-

--
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, Computer Science
T: +31 20 598 7739/7718; F: +31 84 712 1446