W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-swd-wg@w3.org > December 2007

Minutes from 2007-12-11 telecon

From: Clay Redding <cred@loc.gov>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 09:57:50 -0500
Message-Id: <4761021E0200006A0001BF5B@ntgwgate.loc.gov>
To: <public-swd-wg@w3.org>

Hi all,

The minutes from our December 11 teleconference are attached.  Please also refer to the HTML version at http://www.w3.org/2007/12/11-swd-minutes.html .  

Thanks to Antoine for helping with scribe duties.

Topics:

         1. [5]Admin
         2. [6]SKOS
         3. [7]RDFa
         4. [8]Recipes
         5. [9]Vocabulary management

Summary of action items:
   [NEW] ACTION: Alistair to propose an approach to clarify which
   aspects of the extension module should be in scope for the candidate
   recommendation package. [recorded in
   [44]http://www.w3.org/2007/12/11-swd-minutes.html#action06]
   [NEW] ACTION: Antoine to send a mail to the list so as to have a
   discussion on ISSUE-36 and isDefinedBy for next week's telecon
   [recorded in
   [45]http://www.w3.org/2007/12/11-swd-minutes.html#action09]
   [NEW] ACTION: Antoine to send a msg proposing a resolution for next
   week telecon on ISSUE-39 considering Alistair's 3 subtopics
   [recorded in
   [46]http://www.w3.org/2007/12/11-swd-minutes.html#action07]
   [NEW] ACTION: Ralph and Ed to review recipes document [recorded in
   [47]http://www.w3.org/2007/12/11-swd-minutes.html#action18]

   [PENDING] ACTION: Quentin to review Editor's draft of SKOS Reference
   [recorded in
   [48]http://www.w3.org/2007/11/20-swd-minutes.html#action02]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Alistair and Guus to prepare material for next
   week on Concept Schemes vs OWL Ontologies [recorded in
   [49]http://www.w3.org/2007/10/30-swd-minutes.html#action04]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Alistair and Guus write draft section in primer on
   relationship between SKOS concepts and OWL classes for OWL DL users
   [recorded in
   [50]http://www.w3.org/2007/11/06-swd-minutes.html#action05]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Ben and Michael to address comments by Tom
   [regarding maintenance of wiki document
   [51]http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/RDFa] recorded in
   [52]http://www.w3.org/2007/10/08-swd-minutes.html#action05]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Ben to prepare draft implementation report for
   RDFa (with assistance from Michael) [recorded in
   [53]http://www.w3.org/2007/10/08-swd-minutes.html#action03]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Ben to update RDFa schedule in wiki
   [54]http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/RDFa#RDFa_schedule]
   [recorded in
   [55]http://www.w3.org/2007/10/08-swd-minutes.html#action04]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Dan to ask apache about conditional redirects
   [recorded in
   [56]http://www.w3.org/2007/10/09-swd-minutes.html#action07]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Guus to write up the issue [of Label Resource] and
   add to the issue list. [recorded in
   [57]http://www.w3.org/2007/10/09-swd-minutes.html#action01]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Ralph propose resolution to ISSUE-16 "Default
   behavior" [recorded in
   [58]http://www.w3.org/2007/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action14]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Ralph to come up with a URI for wiki page [for
   Recipes implementations] [recorded in
   [59]http://www.w3.org/2007/10/09-swd-minutes.html#action04]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Ralph to reconstruct proposal for semantics of
   isDefinedBy [recorded in
   [60]http://www.w3.org/2007/10/30-swd-minutes.html#action02]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Ralph/Diego to work on Wordnet implementation [of
   Recipes implementations] [recorded in
   [61]http://www.w3.org/2007/10/09-swd-minutes.html#action03]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Vit and Elisa to include in the document all the
   target sections plus an allocation of sections to people and
   potentially a standard structure for sections [recorded in
   [62]http://www.w3.org/2007/10/08-swd-minutes.html#action07]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Vit to review Editor's draft of SKOS Reference
   [recorded in
   [63]http://www.w3.org/2007/11/20-swd-minutes.html#action03]

   [DONE] ACTION: Antoine to come up with a revised Conceptual Mapping
   proposal based on the comments received [recorded in
   [64]http://www.w3.org/2007/12/04-swd-minutes.html#action01]
   [DONE] ACTION: Guus/Tom to solicit reviewers for the Recipes
   document. [recorded in
   [65]http://www.w3.org/2007/10/09-swd-minutes.html#action08]
   [DONE] ACTION: Ralph to ask rdfa tf to respond to Sean Palmer's
   suggestion [recorded in
   [66]http://www.w3.org/2007/11/27-swd-minutes.html#action11]


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[1]W3C
[1] http://www.w3.org/

                                SWD WG

11 Dec 2007

   [2]Agenda

      [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2007Dec/0044.html

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2007/12/11-swd-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Ralph, Tom, Ed, Clay, Alistair, Antoine, Margherita, Justin,
          Guus, Sean, Vit (participating in IRC only)

   Regrets
          Elisa, Jon, Ben, Simone, Quentin, Diego

   Chair
          Tom

   Scribe
          Clay, Antoine

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]Admin
         2. [6]SKOS
         3. [7]RDFa
         4. [8]Recipes
         5. [9]Vocabulary management
     * [10]Summary of Action Items
     _________________________________________________________



   <Tom> Previous: [11]http://www.w3.org/2007/12/04-swd-minutes.html

     [11] http://www.w3.org/2007/12/04-swd-minutes.html

   <Ralph> Tom welcomes Margherita Sini from FAO

   Tom: welcomes Margherita Sini

   <Ralph> [12]UN Food and Agriculture Organization

     [12] http://www.fao.org/

   Margherita: From FAO, Food and Agriculture Org. of the UN

   <Antoine> [13]http://www.w3.org/TR/skos-ucr/#UC-Aims links to the
   AIMS project / Agrovoc

     [13] http://www.w3.org/TR/skos-ucr/#UC-Aims

   Margherita: looking at SKOS for services for their users

Admin

   PROPOSED to accept minutes of the Dec 04 telecon:

   [14]http://www.w3.org/2007/12/04-swd-minutes.html

     [14] http://www.w3.org/2007/12/04-swd-minutes.html

   RESOLVED: Minutes accepted.

   Next telecon: 8 January 1600 UTC

SKOS

   <scribe> ACTION: Quentin to review Editor's draft of SKOS Reference
   [recorded in
   [15]http://www.w3.org/2007/11/20-swd-minutes.html#action02]
   [CONTINUES]

     [15] http://www.w3.org/2007/11/20-swd-minutes.html#action02

   Alistair: hope to get caught up this week

   <Antoine> or was it Sean?

   <scribe> ACTION: Vit to review Editor's draft of SKOS Reference
   [recorded in
   [16]http://www.w3.org/2007/11/20-swd-minutes.html#action03]
   [CONTINUES]

     [16] http://www.w3.org/2007/11/20-swd-minutes.html#action03

   <scribe> ACTION: Alistair and Guus write draft section in primer on
   relationship between SKOS concepts and OWL classes for OWL DL users
   [recorded in
   [17]http://www.w3.org/2007/11/06-swd-minutes.html#action05]
   [CONTINUES]

     [17] http://www.w3.org/2007/11/06-swd-minutes.html#action05

   <scribe> ACTION: Antoine to come up with a revised Conceptual
   Mapping proposal based on the comments received [recorded in
   [18]http://www.w3.org/2007/12/04-swd-minutes.html#action01] [DONE]

     [18] http://www.w3.org/2007/12/04-swd-minutes.html#action01

   Antoine: (to Ed and Alistair) will handle integration of content

   <Antoine>
   [19]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2007Dec/0046.h
   tml

     [19] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2007Dec/0046.html

   Antoine: there has been a formal proposal to postpone to later re:
   semantic axioms, etc.
   ... mapping links are restricted to skos:Concepts
   ... updated discussion section to account for skos:exactMatch and
   about using one concept scheme

   <Zakim> Aliman, you wanted to ask Antoine to summarise recent
   discussion on mapping

   Alistair: Antoine, can you summarize the points being raised re:
   modifications to the proposal?

   Antoine: differences between overlapping match and relating match

   Alistair: re: inexactMatch, what is difference between that and
   overlapping?

   Alistair: Wants to confirm that in new proposal that overlapping and
   deprecating inexactMatch
   ... re: extension module
   ... has sketched out what the module what it would like. Might be
   able to continue on without addressing labels as resources
   ... extension might be published as another means later
   ... but could be done now
   ... possibly as a note by us or elsewhere
   ... Shall I take an action to sketch out the underlying issue for
   the WG to possibly consider as a resolution for inclusion?

   Ed: Are open issues in issue tracker, do those have to be closed?
   (re: labels as resources)

   Tom: Group needs to take a stand.

   Ralph: We will be judged at the time we go to last call and at time
   to request candidate recommendation. Easiest way to track them is in
   the issues list, which is a combination of external comments and
   internal issues
   ... We should respond to external comments before proceeding to next
   level of maturity.

   Ed: Alistair's proposal is good then.

   Tom: Propose action on Alistair to write up a document on extension
   and labels
   ... not proposing a solution, but what is in scope for current work
   and an approach toward that which can be done later in an extension

   <scribe> ACTION: Alistair to propose an approach to clarify which
   aspects of the extension module should be in scope for the candidate
   recommendation package. [recorded in
   [20]http://www.w3.org/2007/12/11-swd-minutes.html#action06]

   Antoine: re: issue 39

   <Zakim> aliman, you wanted to say something about breaking up issue
   39

   <Zakim> aliman, you wanted to say about breaking up the issue 39

   <Ralph> scribenick: antoine

   Tom: comments of formal status wrt ISSUE-39 proposal?

   Guus: there seems to be enough consensus

   Tom: we can have a discussion on this and close the issue on next
   call

   <aliman>
   [21]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2007Dec/0024.h
   tml

     [21] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2007Dec/0024.html

   Alistair: I have something to say.
   ... 3 independent topics of discussion
   ... first is grouping constructs (39-A)

   <marghe> yes i am in favor of that

   Alistair: second is parallel vocabularies between semantic relations
   and mapping ones (39-B)
   ... third is relatedMatch versus overlappingMatch
   ... (39-C)

   Tom: Antoine willing to send a message on the list saying that we
   will have discussion next week?

   Antoine: OK

   <scribe> ACTION: Antoine to send a msg proposing a resolution for
   next week telecon on ISSUE-39 considering Alisatir's 3 subtopics
   [recorded in
   [22]http://www.w3.org/2007/12/11-swd-minutes.html#action07]

   <scribe> ACTION: Alistair and Guus to prepare material for next week
   on Concept Schemes vs OWL Ontologies [recorded in
   [23]http://www.w3.org/2007/10/30-swd-minutes.html#action04]
   [CONTINUES]

     [23] http://www.w3.org/2007/10/30-swd-minutes.html#action04

   Alistair: clarification on where we are?

   Guus: no commitment on whether SKOS concepts can be instances of OWL
   class

   Alstair: point was on containment and inScheme

   Guus: We need to revisit our decision.

   Alistair: We would need this as soon as possible
   ... We don't have much time before Christmas.

   Tom: Which decision do we need to revisit?

   Alistair: The one according to which we would deprecate inScheme,
   replaced by isDefinedBy
   ... there was discussion
   ... problems with respect to backward compatibility and isDefinedBy
   semantics.

   <Ed: > I think this was Jon's email regarding inScheme?
   [24]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2007Nov/0016.h
   tml.

     [24] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2007Nov/0016.html

   [25]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2007Oct/0141.h
   tml

     [25] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2007Oct/0141.html

   Tom: Would be helpful to have the reconstructed proposal

   Antoine: I sent a mail about this, re-opening the issue

   Alistair: We have to re-resolve it again

   Tom: It would be nice to solve this next week

   Alistair: Antoine's mail has a proposal in it
   ... could be good enough
   ... as a focus for decision

   Tom: Does the action on Ralph fit this?

   Ralph: I can't say how it interacts.

   Alistair: Antoine's resolution does not prevent the use of
   isDefinedBy.

   Ralph: what I hoped to do was to research RDF core's notion of
   isDefinedBy semantics

   Tom: 2 questions:
   ... first consider Antoine's proposal
   ... then consider the use of isDefinedBy
   ... can someone take an action to propose to discuss this issue on
   next telecon?

   <scribe> ACTION: Antoine to send a mail to the list so as to have a
   discussion on ISSUE-36 and isDefinedBy for next week's telecon
   [recorded in
   [26]http://www.w3.org/2007/12/11-swd-minutes.html#action09]

   <scribe> ACTION: Guus to write up the issue [of Label Resource] and
   add to the issue list. [recorded in
   [27]http://www.w3.org/2007/10/09-swd-minutes.html#action01]
   [CONTINUES]

     [27] http://www.w3.org/2007/10/09-swd-minutes.html#action01

   <scribe> ACTION: Ralph to reconstruct proposal for semantics of
   isDefinedBy [recorded in
   [28]http://www.w3.org/2007/10/30-swd-minutes.html#action02]
   [CONTINUES]

     [28] http://www.w3.org/2007/10/30-swd-minutes.html#action02

RDFa

   <scribe> ACTION: Ben and Michael to address comments by Tom
   [regarding maintenance of wiki document
   [29]http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/RDFa] recorded in
   [30]http://www.w3.org/2007/11/20-swd-minutes.html#action14]
   [CONTINUES]

     [29] http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/RDFa
     [30] http://www.w3.org/2007/11/20-swd-minutes.html#action14

   <scribe> ACTION: Ben to prepare draft implementation report for RDFa
   (with assistance from Michael) [recorded in
   [31]http://www.w3.org/2007/10/08-swd-minutes.html#action03]
   [CONTINUES]

     [31] http://www.w3.org/2007/10/08-swd-minutes.html#action03

   <scribe> ACTION: Ben to update RDFa schedule in wiki
   [32]http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/RDFa#RDFa_schedule]
   [recorded in
   [33]http://www.w3.org/2007/10/08-swd-minutes.html#action04]
   [CONTINUES]

     [32] http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/RDFa#RDFa_schedule
     [33] http://www.w3.org/2007/10/08-swd-minutes.html#action04

   <scribe> ACTION: Ralph to ask rdfa tf to respond to Sean Palmer's
   suggestion [recorded in
   [34]http://www.w3.org/2007/11/27-swd-minutes.html#action11] [DONE]

     [34] http://www.w3.org/2007/11/27-swd-minutes.html#action11

   <Ralph> [35]2007-12-06 RDFa TF telecon

     [35] http://www.w3.org/2007/12/06-rdfa-minutes.html

   Ralph: the major issue is the interpretation of @instanceOf
   ... there is a new proposal from Mark Birbeck
   ... positive reviews by Ben

Recipes

   Tom: I'd suggest that we move the actions

   <scribe> ACTION: Dan to ask Apache about conditional redirects
   [recorded in [recorded in
   [36]http://www.w3.org/2007/11/20-swd-minutes.html#action18]
   [CONTINUES]

     [36] http://www.w3.org/2007/11/20-swd-minutes.html#action18

   <scribe> ACTION: Guus/Tom to solicit reviewers for the Recipes
   document. [recorded in
   [37]http://www.w3.org/2007/11/20-swd-minutes.html#action20] [DONE]

     [37] http://www.w3.org/2007/11/20-swd-minutes.html#action20

   <scribe> ACTION: Ralph and Ed to review recipes document [recorded
   in [38]http://www.w3.org/2007/12/11-swd-minutes.html#action18]

   Tom: The editors of recipes document need to send a note to the
   list.

   Ralph: Yes

   Tom: Which status?

   Ralph: Still a WD

   <scribe> ACTION: Ralph propose resolution to ISSUE-16 "Default
   behavior" [recorded in
   [39]http://www.w3.org/2007/11/20-swd-minutes.html#action23]
   [CONTINUES]

     [39] http://www.w3.org/2007/11/20-swd-minutes.html#action23

   <Ralph> [40]proposal for Wiki page for Recipes implementations

     [40] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2007Dec/0057.html

   <scribe> ACTION: Ralph to come up with a URI for wiki page [for
   Recipes [recorded in
   [41]http://www.w3.org/2007/11/20-swd-minutes.html#action24]
   [CONTINUES]

     [41] http://www.w3.org/2007/11/20-swd-minutes.html#action24

   <scribe> ACTION: Ralph/Diego to work on Wordnet implementation [of
   Recipes] [recorded in
   [42]http://www.w3.org/2007/11/20-swd-minutes.html#action25]
   [CONTINUES]

     [42] http://www.w3.org/2007/11/20-swd-minutes.html#action25

Vocabulary management

   <scribe> ACTION: Vit and Elisa to include in the document all the
   target sections plus an allocation of sections to people and
   potentially a standard structure for sections [recorded in
   [43]http://www.w3.org/2007/10/08-swd-minutes.html#action07]
   [CONTINUES]

     [43] http://www.w3.org/2007/10/08-swd-minutes.html#action07

   Tom: meeting adjourned

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: Alistair to propose an approach to clarify which
   aspects of the extension module should be in scope for the candidate
   recommendation package. [recorded in
   [44]http://www.w3.org/2007/12/11-swd-minutes.html#action06]
   [NEW] ACTION: Antoine to send a mail to the list so as to have a
   discussion on ISSUE-36 and isDefinedBy for next week's telecon
   [recorded in
   [45]http://www.w3.org/2007/12/11-swd-minutes.html#action09]
   [NEW] ACTION: Antoine to send a msg proposing a resolution for next
   week telecon on ISSUE-39 considering Alisatir's 3 subtopics
   [recorded in
   [46]http://www.w3.org/2007/12/11-swd-minutes.html#action07]
   [NEW] ACTION: Ralph and Ed to review recipes document [recorded in
   [47]http://www.w3.org/2007/12/11-swd-minutes.html#action18]

   [PENDING] ACTION: Quentin to review Editor's draft of SKOS Reference
   [recorded in
   [48]http://www.w3.org/2007/11/20-swd-minutes.html#action02]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Alistair and Guus to prepare material for next
   week on Concept Schemes vs OWL Ontologies [recorded in
   [49]http://www.w3.org/2007/10/30-swd-minutes.html#action04]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Alistair and Guus write draft section in primer on
   relationship between SKOS concepts and OWL classes for OWL DL users
   [recorded in
   [50]http://www.w3.org/2007/11/06-swd-minutes.html#action05]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Ben and Michael to address comments by Tom
   [regarding maintenance of wiki document
   [51]http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/RDFa] recorded in
   [52]http://www.w3.org/2007/10/08-swd-minutes.html#action05]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Ben to prepare draft implementation report for
   RDFa (with assistance from Michael) [recorded in
   [53]http://www.w3.org/2007/10/08-swd-minutes.html#action03]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Ben to update RDFa schedule in wiki
   [54]http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/RDFa#RDFa_schedule]
   [recorded in
   [55]http://www.w3.org/2007/10/08-swd-minutes.html#action04]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Dan to ask apache about conditional redirects
   [recorded in
   [56]http://www.w3.org/2007/10/09-swd-minutes.html#action07]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Guus to write up the issue [of Label Resource] and
   add to the issue list. [recorded in
   [57]http://www.w3.org/2007/10/09-swd-minutes.html#action01]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Ralph propose resolution to ISSUE-16 "Default
   behavior" [recorded in
   [58]http://www.w3.org/2007/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action14]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Ralph to come up with a URI for wiki page [for
   Recipes implementations] [recorded in
   [59]http://www.w3.org/2007/10/09-swd-minutes.html#action04]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Ralph to reconstruct proposal for semantics of
   isDefinedBy [recorded in
   [60]http://www.w3.org/2007/10/30-swd-minutes.html#action02]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Ralph/Diego to work on Wordnet implementation [of
   Recipes implementations] [recorded in
   [61]http://www.w3.org/2007/10/09-swd-minutes.html#action03]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Vit and Elisa to include in the document all the
   target sections plus an allocation of sections to people and
   potentially a standard structure for sections [recorded in
   [62]http://www.w3.org/2007/10/08-swd-minutes.html#action07]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Vit to review Editor's draft of SKOS Reference
   [recorded in
   [63]http://www.w3.org/2007/11/20-swd-minutes.html#action03]

     [48] http://www.w3.org/2007/11/20-swd-minutes.html#action02
     [49] http://www.w3.org/2007/10/30-swd-minutes.html#action04
     [50] http://www.w3.org/2007/11/06-swd-minutes.html#action05
     [51] http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/RDFa
     [52] http://www.w3.org/2007/10/08-swd-minutes.html#action05
     [53] http://www.w3.org/2007/10/08-swd-minutes.html#action03
     [54] http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/RDFa#RDFa_schedule
     [55] http://www.w3.org/2007/10/08-swd-minutes.html#action04
     [56] http://www.w3.org/2007/10/09-swd-minutes.html#action07
     [57] http://www.w3.org/2007/10/09-swd-minutes.html#action01
     [58] http://www.w3.org/2007/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action14
     [59] http://www.w3.org/2007/10/09-swd-minutes.html#action04
     [60] http://www.w3.org/2007/10/30-swd-minutes.html#action02
     [61] http://www.w3.org/2007/10/09-swd-minutes.html#action03
     [62] http://www.w3.org/2007/10/08-swd-minutes.html#action07
     [63] http://www.w3.org/2007/11/20-swd-minutes.html#action03

   [DONE] ACTION: Antoine to come up with a revised Conceptual Mapping
   proposal based on the comments received [recorded in
   [64]http://www.w3.org/2007/12/04-swd-minutes.html#action01]
   [DONE] ACTION: Guus/Tom to solicit reviewers for the Recipes
   document. [recorded in
   [65]http://www.w3.org/2007/10/09-swd-minutes.html#action08]
   [DONE] ACTION: Ralph to ask rdfa tf to respond to Sean Palmer's
   suggestion [recorded in
   [66]http://www.w3.org/2007/11/27-swd-minutes.html#action11]

     [64] http://www.w3.org/2007/12/04-swd-minutes.html#action01
     [65] http://www.w3.org/2007/10/09-swd-minutes.html#action08
     [66] http://www.w3.org/2007/11/27-swd-minutes.html#action11

   [End of minutes]
Received on Thursday, 13 December 2007 14:58:49 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 21:07:51 UTC