From: Sue Ellen Wright [mailto:sellenwright@gmail.com]
Sent: 26 April 2007 15:31
To: Stella Dextre Clarke
Cc: Quentin Reul; SWD Working Group; public-esw-thes@w3.org
Subject: Re: SKOS properties

Hi, All,
As a terminologist, the notion of adding antonyms as
equivalents/synonyms strikes me as really undesirable. In an
ontology-like environment it would really be problematic. By the same
token, it is hard to classify antonym relations -- this has long been a
subject of debate in terminology/lexicography circles. I rather like the
idea of "disjointwith" together with a scope note. Especially in
multilingual concept management, knowing the antonym is often a real
clue to the disambiguation of the concept associated with a term.
Bye for now
Sue Ellen