W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-swbp-wg@w3.org > March 2006

[VM] Telecon agenda 2006-03-17 - revised

From: Thomas Baker <tbaker@tbaker.de>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 10:58:42 +0100
To: SW Best Practices <public-swbp-wg@w3.org>
Message-ID: <20060317095842.GA4080@baker>

This agenda is the same as the one posted on Monday but
includes the issue raised by Ralph about hash namespace URIs.

Tom

---

SWBPD VM 2006-03-17 telecon agenda

Friday, 13:00 UTC (14:00 Berlin)
http://www.w3.org/Guide/1998/08/teleconference-calendar#D20060317
Zakim: +1-617-761-6200
Conference code 8683# ('VMTF')
irc://irc.w3.org:6665/vmtf

Recent telecons
-- 2006-02-07: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2006Feb/0056.html - agenda
-- 2006-02-07: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2006Feb/0059.html - report
-- 2006-02-14: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2006Feb/0100.html - agenda
-- 2006-02-14: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2006Feb/0115.html - report

Next telecons [1]
-- 2006-03-31 Fri 1300-1400 UTC http://www.w3.org/Guide/1998/08/teleconference-calendar#D20060331
-- 2006-04-14 Fri 1300-1400 UTC http://www.w3.org/Guide/1998/08/teleconference-calendar#D20060414
-- 2006-04-28 Fri 1300-1400 UTC http://www.w3.org/Guide/1998/08/teleconference-calendar#D20060428

AGENDA

--  Frequency of VM telecons
    As agreed, once Working Draft is out, we will hold conferences every
    second week for awhile (instead of weekly).  See schedule above.

--  David Booth's re-review of Feb 15 [2] of the Jan 18 version [3] made
    the following points:

    1) "Simplest possible configuration"
       Using a 303-redirect service, while quite new as an approach,
       would theoretically be simpler to implement than the recipe
       in the Cookbook claimed to be "the simplest".  Suggests adding
       an editor's note.  Tom took this as an action on the Feb 20 telecon
       and followed up by adding some text [5], which David Booth
       approved.

    2) "Big-picture overview of server configuration steps"
       David suggests some text to add [2].

    3) "Title of Section 3"
       Currently called "Some considerations when choosing a URI 
       namespace".  David suggests: "Choosing a namespace URI: hash
       versus slash".

    4) "Wording in Section 3"
       David suggests a change of wording in one sentence in line 
       the new title (see 3 above).

    5) "More-explicit guidance on hash versus slash URIs"
       Additional discussion of Pros and Cons is suggested.

    6) "More-helpful comment line in the recipes"
       Suggests a few more words.

    7) "Interpretation of fragment identifiers"
            Recipe 3. Hash Configuration, Extended:
            I don't think the comment from my previous review was addressed:
            "Because the interpretation of a fragment identifier in
            the presence of 303 redirects is unclear as far as I know, I think
            this recipe should note that the browser may or may not apply the
            fragment identifier to the secondary URI."

    8) Numbering of sections is requested.

    9) s/URI namespace/namespace URI/ throughout

--  Hash namespace URIs

    On 2006-02-14, Ralph pointed out [6] that the Cookbook shows
    vocabulary
       http://isegserv.itd.rl.ac.uk/VM/http-examples/example1
    defining classes
       http://isegserv.itd.rl.ac.uk/VM/http-examples/example1#ClassA
       http://isegserv.itd.rl.ac.uk/VM/http-examples/example1#ClassB
    consistently omitting the trailing '#' from the vocabulary name.

    "I claim this is a fundamental mistake and would argue it on the
    basis of both semantics and what the RDF core specifications
    state.  The semantic point is that [1] should be the name of the
    vocabulary while [2] is the name of a document that might (should)
    describe that vocabulary."

    [1] http://isegserv.itd.rl.ac.uk/VM/http-examples/example1#
    [2] http://isegserv.itd.rl.ac.uk/VM/http-examples/example1

--  Testing
    ACTION: Ralph to test recipes with W3C configuration.

--  Longer-term issue: alignment of content-negotiation ideas
    in the cookbook with TAG:
    -- http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues.html#namespaceDocument-8
    -- Associating Resources with Namespaces
       Draft TAG Finding 13 December 2005
       http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/nsDocuments-2005-12-13/

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2006Feb/0120.html
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2006Feb/0109.html
[3] http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/VM/http-examples/2006-01-18/
[4] http://www.w3.org/2006/02/20-swbp-minutes.html#action16
[5] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2006Mar/0027.html
[6] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2006Feb/thread.html#msg105

-- 
Dr. Thomas Baker                      baker@sub.uni-goettingen.de
SUB - Goettingen State                            +49-551-39-3883
and University Library                           +49-30-8109-9027
Papendiek 14, 37073 Göttingen



-- 
Dr. Thomas Baker                      baker@sub.uni-goettingen.de
SUB - Goettingen State                            +49-551-39-3883
and University Library                           +49-30-8109-9027
Papendiek 14, 37073 Göttingen
Received on Friday, 17 March 2006 09:59:06 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 17:31:18 UTC