Re: comments: [MM] PhotoStuff Image annotator for personal choice?

Hi Christian,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Le 06-04-18 à 22:38, Christian Halaschek-Wiener a écrit :
> PhotoStuff is simply mentioned as it is a freely available tool
> that provides functionality to annotate image content with respect
> to ontologies. Therefore PhotoStuff, or any tool providing similar
> capabilities, can help enable the management of personal digital
> photo collections using Semantic Web technologies.

Yes I think I understood that, but I think it would be worth
mentionning. If one of the goals of the document is to help
developers create “better” photo management software, every possible
*small* steps is useful. PhotoStuff seems very nice, but it's already
a too high step (and i'm personally a photo geek ;) ). I'm pretty
sure PhotoStuff is a nice tool, that I haven't tried myself (Looking
at the install steps to use it, It was far too difficult)

> While you are correct that Flikr is a successful tool for image
> annotation, it does not support Semantic Web representation
> languages, which is the focus of the document. My other concern is
> that if we attempt to address user-needs regarding the development
> of photo annotation software, we may step out of the scope of the
> document.

As I said if the goal of the document is to help developers, you have
to help the developers to go to your level. I read the introduction
of the document and it is said

[[[
Target Audience

This document is target at everybody with an interest in image
annotation, ranging from non-professional end-users that are
annotating their personal digital photos to professionals working
with digital pictures in image and video banks, audiovisual archives,
museums, libraries, media production and broadcast industry, etc.
]]]

	- everybody
	- non-professional end-user

The document is too complex for now for the end-user, IMHO, but hey
it's a 1st WD, then my comments. Please make it a lot simpler and
identify more clearly the categories of readership ("class of
products").

Keep in mind, that I'm thrilled by the topic of this document, and
it's why I would like to see it becoming a very useful resource.

-- Image Annotation on the Semantic Web
http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-swbp-image-annotation-20060322/
Wed, 22 Mar 2006 15:50:45 GMT

   QA Weblog - http://www.w3.org/QA/