  • From: Dan Brickley <danbri@w3.org>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 21:36:26 +0100
  • Subject: http-range resolution - should we ask purl.org to make 303 redirects possible? (DC, RSS1, ...)
  • To: www-tag@w3.org
Following up from SWBP WG discussion of the http-range resolution,
I had an action to investigate feasibility of purl.org updating their code
to allow purl.org-based namespaces (which include the popular Dublin
Core and RSS1 vocabs) to get HTTP 303 response codes.  Currently
they send a 302.

It seems a change might be possible, if a strong case were made. However it
would cost OCLC non-trivial effort to make the change, so if we are to
ask this, I'd like to be very clear we really want it.

Here's the current state of play:

[[
booboo:~ danbri$ telnet purl.org 80
Trying 132.174.1.35...