RE: comment (non-member) on N-ary relations

Good comments, and reply.  A few more brief thoughts.

Mike

Mike Uschold
Tel: 425 865-3605              Fax: 425 865-2965

It would be easy to add a small footnote stating this technical point.

>  > (2) USE CASE EXAMPLES
>  >         I think it's a shame to leave out the most classic example
>  > of all (and the one that in my experience most reliably produces
>  > insight): namely the between relation. How about an example like:
>  > "New York is located between Boston and Philadelphia" or "2 is an
>  > integer with magnitude between 1 and 3."
>
>  Yes, this suggestion has come up before. The only reason we haven't
>  put in originally was our oversight. The reason we are reluctant to
>  put it in now is a very practical trade-off: we can't put it in
>  without taking it through all the examples, diagrams, pieces
>  of code,
>  etc. If there is an overwhelming feeling in the group that adding
>  this example would indeed make the document considerably more clear
>  and "bring it home" a lot a better, we will do that, of
>  course. If it
>  really won't change much, I'd rather save the effort ;)

It would be easy to briefly mention the between example, w/o going to
the trouble of doing it in detail.