Re: ODM document -- n-ary relations

Hi Natasha,

I'll check with Bob Colomb, DSTC, on his intent there.  What you are
looking at in that particular
diagram is what's called an "association class", which allows you to add
structural information
to an association.  The dashed line from the center of the "enrolled"
property to the box below it
is a kind of dependency, that connects the association class to the
association.  We didn't use this
later in the specification, and as a few others who reviewed this
section have pointed out, it needs
alignment with the implementation described in the RDFS and OWL
Metamodel sections of the
document.  We would really appreciate it if you have time to take a look
at those sections as well,
primarily chapters 11, 12 and 16.  If you are not familiar with UML 2,
reviewing the mapping,
which is presented in chapter 18, would be difficult at best.

Thanks,

Elisa