Re: draft task-force template

Encl.is an amended proposal based on Mike's comments:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2004JanMar/0166.html

Guus

TEMPLATE Task Force Description

NAME

STATUS:
"Considered": the WG is considering to do active work on this issue
"Active": task force is actively working on (revision of) a deliverable
"Closed": task force has produced a deliverables and is not active
"Postponed": the WG does not expect to become active wrt. this issue
The latter should contain some (link to) the rationale for postponement

COORDINATORS:
Names of coordinators, typically 1-2

MEMBERS
Task-force members other that the coordinators), typically 2-6

OBJECTIVES
- short-term objectives: realistic goals that the WG can be
    achieved with consensus: the "low-hanging fruit". Indicate the best
    practice or the deployment involved.
- longer-term objectives, if any

APPROACH
How you propose to go about achieving your objectives.

SCOPE
Indicate what is in scope and out of scope.

DELIVERABLES
Description of expected results:
- (revision of) technical note(s)
- RDF/OWL vocabularies/ontologies
- ...

When ACTIVE: link to drafts
When: CLOSED: link to published deliverables

TARGET AUDIENCE & USE CASES
Description of the users who are expected to be interested plus some
usage examples.

DEPENDENCIES (if any)
- with other task forces.
- with other W3C groups
- outside W3C

Uschold, Michael F wrote:

> I would add the following:
>
> Approach: how you propose to go about achieving your objectives. This could be general text, or specific tasks that will be done.
>
> Scope: indicate what is in and what is out of scope for the task.

Tel: +31 20 444 7739/7718
E-mail: schreiber@cs.vu.nl
Home page: http://www.cs.vu.nl/~guus/