Re: [VM,ALL] Revised VM Task Force description

>>I provide such rewording in-line below. (My rewording is perhaps
>>excessively weasely)
>

> This would also be fine with me -- your proposed wordings are
> in fact very similar in tone to what I had written in the first
> place (i.e., I intended the lists as rough examples to indicate
> the scope I was picturing).  As always, though, I made a final
> pass to "omit needless words" (Strunk and White 1938, p.1)...

I think you omitted one or two too many, I have certainly put back in
excess! There is a happy balance somewhere - my preference remains to
move the lists out of the TF desc.

>>                                        (To indicate a substantive
>>issue, I am not clear I agree with the proposed approach to namespace
>>ownership, cf Patel-Schneider and Parsia's work on social meaning,
>>presented as a poster at WWW2004)
>

> Hmm, if you mean the notion of Namespace Owner, this is
> something I find in the Proposed TAG Finding on Versioning
> XML Languages [1], Section 7.2: "Only Namespace Owners Change
> Namespace" (capitalized in the original).  I am new to W3C
> process so would like to clarify the extent to which we need
> to ensure that a SWBPD note is consistent with other W3C work
> (such as TAG Findings).

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-sw-meaning/2004Jun/
which addresses some of these issues.

> In fact, if we could clarify that question, we could then
> tighten up the current section on "Dependencies" (below), which
> is really a growing bibliography more than a Dependency section
> in the stricter sense.

Calling it a 'bibliography' in the TF desc may be clearer.

> Tom
>
> [1] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/versioning/

There is a bug with the ACLs you have to use:
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/versioning

Hmmm, the status indicates that this is not yet a consensus document -
this issue is, in my experience, a minefield.

What we did in RDF Core with related issues on social meaning was put up
a document which had WG consensus [1], that got trashed in public review
[2], and we withdrew the section that did not have consensus.

[1]
http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/WD-rdf-concepts-20030123/#section-Meaning
[2]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-comments/2003JanMar/0366
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-comments/2003JanMar/0486
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/meetings/tech-200303/social-meaning

Comment 0486 was accepted by the WG

I am a little concerned that some of the scope of this TF risks similar
trashing, and wonder whether the deliverables can be staggered with less
contentious ones first.

Jeremy