Re: [OEP] "Classes as values": summary of the discussion so far and second draft $swbpd

I believe one original thought about our documents was that we would
have a template that we would use to write up many different discussion
topics.
i had originally thought that it could be viewed as one large running
(interactive hyperlinked) document  that would have an overview section
and pointers to each of the detailed discussions.
as it does seem that we will be doing some detailed discussions with
writeups such as the one that natasha has led, it now seems most likely
that we might consider a web publication of the discussions in note form
probably saying in the introduction of each one that these notes are
expected to be a part of a larger document and may evolve.
one reason i say they may evolve is that both
- we might expect feedback from their publication
- we might find that we want to add new segments to our template as we
evolve more of the discussions.

i also agree that we want to have an executive summary of any note that
gets long   but having detail available for those who are really using
our documents for a lot of guidance can be useful.

Deborah

--
 Deborah L. McGuinness
 Associate Director Knowledge Systems Laboratory