RE: [OEP] Scope - (was philosophy of SWBPD (was Re: [OPEN] and/or [PORT] : a practical question))

Reasoning with inconsistency and changing information may be necessary
for the success of the Semantic Web, but has proven extremely difficult
to crack, from an automated reasoning perspective in the researchy
community. If there is no reasoning being done, then why is there a need
for a language like OWL?

Is there enough experience to report on best practice on these
Web-specific issues?

    * Ability to be distributed across many systems
    * Scalable to Web needs
    * Compatible with Web standards for accessibility and
internationalization.
    * Open and extensible

The issue of handling ontologies which are build by linking to and
importing other ontologies is an important one. There are are a lot of
challenging research issues there, is there any best practice?

Whether something is research or practice is orthogonal to whether it is
related to the Semantic Web. The latter was the point I was addressing.
I agree that this WG will struggle with this important [former] issue.

Mike