Re: philosophy of SWBPD (was Re: [OPEN] and/or [PORT] : a practical question)

Jim Hendler wrote:

[snip]

> In case anyone hasn't figured it out by now - I THINK IT SHOULD BE OUT
> OF SCOPE FOR THIS TASK FORCE TO WRITE ONTOLOGY ENGINEERING DOCUMENTS HAT
> ARE NOT RELATED TO THE SEMANTIC WEB as part of this Working Group.  If
> you'd like me to state it clearer, let me know what to addd

Exactly. We should focus on the low-hanging fruit that is useful for
semweb developers. That's why the charter talks about part-of and
defaults, as those are among the prime expressivity requirements of our
customers and at the same time are not handled in obvious ways by our
languages. Certainly in part-of theory there should be enough to point
people to typical solutions and pitfalls.

Guus

[...]

Tel: +31 20 444 7739/7718
E-mail: schreiber@cs.vu.nl