Re: Self-descriptive assertions

> On Mon, Mar 22, 2004 at 01:51:06PM -0500, Sandro Hawke wrote:
> > Does that make sense?  (I'm not saying it very well.)   Turn the
> > "asserted" problem over to the "trusted" problem, because if you can't
> > solve the "trusted" problem (well-enough for your app), you're out of
> > luck anyway.
>
> Thanks Sandro, yes I think that does make sense, but unfortunately it's
> not a self-descriptive solution.  That is, I can't - in Dan's terms[1] -
> "follow my nose" from an HTTP/RDF message to an understanding of whether
> or not the graph inside that message is asserted.
>
> I agree that the whole "trust" thing is closely related, but I also
> think that it's orthogonal to assertedness.
>
>  [1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Oct/0162.html

Drawing from another message in this thread, I think you're assuming
some connection between a "publisher" of some RDF and the web; a
connection I don't think is solid enough to use.  Can you pick a real
bit of RDF as an example and show me who the publisher is, and how
your software would act different knowing it was "asserted" by that
publisher?

       -- sandro