Re: Treating IVS on SVG in OpenType

Hi, Robert

Thanks for your comment.

I know your suggestion is one of the simple solution for this issue!
However it means each applications should select to draw the Emoji with the
gray scale or colorful automatically or selectively.

In Japanese, Email users usually use the mixed Emoji. (gray scale and
colorful) So I suggest the solution for it. My suggestion means each
applications need not to decide to use the gray scale or colorful in the
alternative.

I know this solution need NOT to be described in this specification, but I
think to describe this recommendation just for information.

In the Unicode Consortium, they described the color is free in their
specification annex. But IVS is the definition for the CJK characters. My
understanding is IVS is none or 0 should be the gray scale.

onyx