Re: SVG Glyphs in OpenType specification: action required!

Hello Sairus,

> Vlad,

> Could you please comment (from the OFF side of things) on the implications
> of this CG publishing this "final" report?

It means that it is ready to be handed off for standardisation (often
in community groups that would mean forming a W3C Working Group to
standardise what is in the report; although not in this case).

> My understanding is that the AHG has a mandate to collaborate with this CG
> on the SVG-in-OT specification, and that the OFF proposal (i.e. the Word
> docs for the SVG and CPAL tables) can continue to be tweaked or modified,
> even though this CG considers the spec (at least the SVG table's spec) as
> "final".

Yes, that is the nature of standardization; things get changed in the
process.

Remember that Community Groups explore; they do not create standards
track specifications, only inputs to them.

> Does this match the way you see things? Getting some more clarity on this
> would help us understand what it means to "make a commitment" to this
> final report.

Sairus, I'm not sure what you are finding unclear.

--
Best regards,