Re: features at risk spreadsheet

On Sun, 2018-05-06 at 19:40 -0700, David Storey wrote:
> As the whole changes section is big, and you can get bogged down with
> all the various editorial changes and things that are already
> supported, I’ve created a reduced spreadsheet with just the DOM
> interfaces that I know are not well supported (checked tests where
> available, WebIDL files and type mirror).

That's awesome! Extra kudos for linking to the spec.

>  It lacks things like CSS features and presentational attributes.

I think that's probably OK for now, as things defined in other specs
don't make us at risk (except that we need the other specs to get to
Rec or be stable at least).

>  The smaller changes like changed behaviour we can probably look at
> once we’ve made the first cut of removing things in this spreadsheet.
> They’ll be easier to test than things like hashes and meshes.

Tav has offered to make some tests for meshes; Inkscape supports them
natively (and there's also at least one polyfill).

You're right, the list looks much shorter like this.

We can publish a second CR marking these things at risk, which would be
good (and much-needed) visible progress, and hope to get more "TRUE"
fields (with tests) fairly soon...

Thanks again,

Liam

--
Liam Quin, W3C, http://www.w3.org/People/Quin/
Staff contact for Verifiable Claims WG, SVG WG, XQuery WG