RE: canvas in SVG (was: Re: SVG 2 Requirements: next phase)

Do you have an example where it works with a 3d context?

I completely agree that SVG doesn't need to solve the details here and can just follow HTML.
I think we should be aware of potential technical issues that would make this hard to implement.

Rik