RE: Agenda, Thu 26 Feb, 2009 telcon

I am sure this has come up during the actual telecons (which I apologize for not attending), but for those folks who have implemented SVG in a browser plugin (Adobe, Renesis, etc.), how are transforms expected to be supported?  AFAICT, the plugin model of the various browsers do not support this level of functionality...

Leonard

-----Original Message-----
From: public-svg-wg-request@w3.org [mailto:public-svg-wg-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Chris Lilley
Sent: Thursday, February 26, 2009 1:34 PM
To: Erik Dahlström
Cc: public-svg-wg@w3.org
Subject: Re: Agenda, Thu 26 Feb, 2009 telcon

On Thursday, February 26, 2009, 11:19:49 AM, Erik wrote:

ED> - CSS Transforms review
ED>   http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/wiki/CSS-Transforms-Review

The wiki currently says:

  z-index is only mentioned once in the specification. What is the
  z-index exactly? It doesn’t seem to be document order

I suggest replacing this with

  z-index is only mentioned once in the specification. We assume that
  this is z-index as defined in the CSS 2.1 specification
  http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/visuren.html#propdef-z-index
  and uses a stacking context as described in
  http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/zindex.html
  How would this work with documents that do not establish a stacking
  context (or alternatively, put everything in one stacking context)
  such as SVG?

 Technical Director, Interaction Domain
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead
 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG