From: Steve Bratt <steve@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 17:38:55 -0500
To: "chairs@w3.org" <chairs@w3.org>
Subject: Assessing interest in November W3C Tech Plenary/AC Meetings Week
 (response needed by 18 March)

Dear Chairs,

We previously announced plans to hold the next Technical Plenary and Advisory Committee meetings week (TPAP2009) from 2-6 November 2009 in Santa Clara, CA, USA. Given the state of the economy, we want to understand your interest in holding this typically-valuable meeting as planned. Because of an upcoming deadline for cancellation at the meeting hotel, we need expressions of interest for your groups in the next month.  Please talk with your Groups, and complete this survey by 18 March ...
-- http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/34786/TPAC2009/

The working plan is to hold Group meetings on Monday 2, Tuesday 3, Thursday 5, and Friday 6 November. The Technical Plenary Day would be held all day Wednesday 4 November. The AC Executive Session would start on the evening of Tuesday 3 November and will be continued in the afternoon (base on last year's model) of Thursday 5 November. We also plan to charge a registration fee of $50/day to defray a portion of the expenses (more details forthcoming).

In the next few weeks, please discuss the meeting within your group and with other groups with which you would like to meet. Consider the importance of face-to-face group and cross-group meetings, vis a vis any restrictions on travel your participants may be facing. Then answer the questions in the survey by 18 March to indicate if your Group would like to meet at TPAC2009 as outlined above and how many participants of your group will likely attend.

We are also considering alternatives to the above plan, and your input on this plan will help us decide whether an alternative arrangement would be more useful for you. For example, we could push this meeting to early 2010 at a different venue that would be more cost effective for the Consortium and participants.  The model used during mini-multi-group meeting that was held at MIT in January 2007 might be a useful starting point ...
-- http://www.w3.org/2007/01/MGMoverview.html
We'd like to hear your opinions.

Regards,

Steve