Re: Focused Telcons

Hi, Cameron-

Cameron McCormack wrote (on 1/19/09 1:00 AM):
> Doug Schepers:
>> I would suggest that we pick Mondays as our maintenance day, since Cam
>> seems quite keen on tracking down such tasks, and Thursdays as our
>> progress day, with Erik chairing.
>>
>> What do y'all think?
>
> I’m in favour of moving to this old work / new work split in the two
> telcons.

Great.

> Without this split, we risk delaying new work unncessarily, as
> maintenance work can indeed fill up any available time.

Yeah, that's my concern.  It's not that it's not important, but it's not
the only important thing.

> I don’t mind which of the days we allocate to maintenance and which to
> new work, and who chairs which.

We could change up the days, as needed, or even switch chairs around.
But consistency makes it easier, so I would suggest we pick a day for
each and stick with that, and you and Erik (that is, the co-chairs) can
work out between yourselves who will chair any given session on any
given week, according to your availability and interests.

> I expect we’ll all still attend both calls?

I would expect us hoary stalwarts to attend both calls, yes.  New folks
might only attend the telcons for new work.

If others approve, when shall we start?  Next week?

Regards-
-Doug Schepers
W3C Team Contact, SVG and WebApps WGs