Re: Syndicated news on /Graphics/SVG

Hi, Guys-

Chris Lilley wrote (on 1/12/09 1:22 PM):

> Note that the feed from svg.org is frequently not well formed and
> almost alway snot valid.

We won't be using svg.org's output long... just until the new community
site, based on Drupal, is ready for prime time... we'll try to make sure
the new site's RSS feed is better behaved.

> The cause of the nwf is typically unescaped ampersands in URIs, and
> the invalidity is mostly missing alt attributes on images.
>
> Both of these seem easy to fix in a script, although the alt="" would
> merely make the result valid and not actually improve it in real
> terms.
>
> Yes, it would be great to have the automatic syndication working
> again.

Yes, that's a priority for the new site.  I'm also working with the
Systems Team to automate the page generation, so it should be fairly
maintenance-free.

Regards-
-Doug Schepers
W3C Team Contact, SVG and WebApps WGs