Re: Executing multiply-referenced external scripts only once

Hi Cameron,

Cameron McCormack a écrit :
> Cyril Concolato:
>>>  - What about externally referenced scripts ?
>> Here I just want to clarify that if two scripts in the same scripting
>> context point to the same script file, then the script is loaded only
>> once. I propose the following sentence:
>>
>> "Similarly to resource documents, in the case of multiple references,
>> in the same scripting context, to the same external script file, the
>> script file is processed once."
>
> Actually, I disagree with this behaviour.  In Opera, Firefox and Batik,
> two references to the same external script will result in the script
> being run twice, which is what the HTML behaviour is.  Here’s a test:
>
>   http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/ua-tests/script-reexecution.svg
>
> The document alerts the number of times the external script was
> executed.
>
> Mobile implementors: could you say what your implementations do on the
> above test?
Actually, I have no definite opinion on this one. I just thought it needed clarifications either way. If the behavior in HTML is that a same script can be run multiple times, then I'm fine. I made the initial proposal the other way because I thought that if you load twice the same script then you may have 2 (same) definitions of a function and I thought this would be a problem.
I can't download the example from the above URL. Could you check if the URL is correct?

Regards,

Cyril

--
Cyril Concolato