Re: ISSUE-2128 (intro audio playback): Introduction should mention audio playback [Last Call: SVG 1.2 Tiny ]

Hi all,

SVG Working Group Issue Tracker a écrit :

> ISSUE-2128 (intro audio playback): Introduction should mention audio playback [Last Call: SVG 1.2 Tiny ]
>
> http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/issues/2128
>
> Raised by: Doug Schepers
> On product: Last Call: SVG 1.2 Tiny
>
> Cyril Concolato
> <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2008Oct/0110.html>:
> [[
> * Section "1 Introduction"
> I think this text could mention that audio playback is also possible in an SVG User Agent.
>
> ]]
What I meant with this comment is that in section "1.1 About SVG" it is mentionned about vector graphic shapes and about multimedia but it does not mention audio support. This might confuse people that SVG is only about visual rendering. Section 1.2 mentions about audio but people who just read the introduction or paste it somewhere will miss an important point. I suggest adding the following sentence (or similar wording) at the end of the first paragraph of Section 1.1:
"SVG also allows describing the use of audio objects."

Cyril

--
Cyril Concolato
Groupe Mutimedia/Multimedia Group