Re: overflow issue with CSS and SVG specs

From: Dave Singer <singer@apple.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 09:53:34 -0700
To: Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>, Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Cc: David Hyatt <hyatt@apple.com>, CSS WG <w3c-css-wg@w3.org>, w3c-svg-wg@w3.org

At 12:25  -0400 18/09/08, Doug Schepers wrote:
>I still think that scrolling and panning can be quite different (again,
>look at Google maps, which eschews scrollbars), and we need to give
>authors as much control as possible over what happens here.

But I agree with others:  the basic question is whether the user is
given the ability to move around the image.  How that is done is a UA
question:  scrollbars, dragging, a floating window that shows the
viewing area compared to the total, ... the affordance and the
capability are two separate issues.

--
David Singer
Apple/QuickTime