Re: <script> element processing proposed text

Hi, Cameron-

On the whole, if this brings us into closer alignment with HTML, I think
the wording is fine (though maybe a bit informal in places).  There are
a couple of notable bits I think are confusing, comments inline...

Cameron McCormack wrote (on 9/4/08 1:57 AM):
> Hello WG.
>
> For ACTION-2063, I’m to fix the spec to make <script> processing more
> consistent with HTML.  Here is my proposed rewording of the first part
> of section 15.2.1 “Script processing”:
>
>   Execution of a given 'script' element occurs at most once.  There is a
>   conceptual flag associated with each 'script' element (referred to
>   here as the "already processed" flag) that enforces this behavior.
>   When 'script' elements are executed depends on how they came to be in
>   the document.

The phrase "how they came to be in the document" sounds chatty to me,
but I don't have a better alternative.

>   A 'script' element is processed as follows:
>
>     1. If the 'script' element’s "already processed" flag is true or if
>        the element is not in the document tree, then no action is
>        performed and these steps are ended.
>     2. If the 'script' element references external script content (that
>        is, it has an 'xlink:href' attribute specified), then processing
>        blocks until that external script content referenced by the
>        current value of 'xlink:href' has been fetched or is determined
>        to be an _invalid IRI reference_.

This wording is muddled.  Maybe:

[[    2. If the 'script' element references external script content (that
       is, it has an 'xlink:href' attribute specified), then further
processing
       is dependent upon the externally referenced script content, and
will not
       proceed until that the resource has been fetched or is determined
       to be an _invalid IRI reference_.
]]

>     3. The 'script' element’s "already processed" flag

The sentence seems to cut off here.  Maybe:

[[
      3. The 'script' element’s conceptual "already processed" flag is
set to true.
]]

Regards-
-Doug Schepers