W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-svg-wg@w3.org > July to September 2008

Minutes, SVG telcon Thursday 7 August 2008

From: Anthony Grasso <anthony.grasso@cisra.canon.com.au>
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2008 22:02:27 +1000
Message-ID: <489AE453.8080505@cisra.canon.com.au>
To: W3C SVG Public Working Group <public-svg-wg@w3.org>

http://www.w3.org/2008/08/07-svg-minutes.html

---


    [1]W3C

       [1] http://www.w3.org/

                                - DRAFT -

                    SVG Working Group Teleconference

07 Aug 2008

    [2]Agenda

       [2] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-svg-wg/2008JulSep/0106.html

    See also: [3]IRC log

       [3] http://www.w3.org/2008/08/07-svg-irc

Attendees

    Present
           Shepazu, aemmons, anthony, +95249aaaa, ChrisL

    Regrets
           Erik, Cameron

    Chair
           AE

    Scribe
           anthony

Contents

      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]Testsuite
      * [6]Summary of Action Items
      _________________________________________________________



    <trackbot> Date: 07 August 2008

    <scribe> Chair: Andrew Emmons

    <scribe> Scribe: anthony

Testsuite

    <ChrisL> I was looking at
    [7]http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/Group/wiki/TestCoverage?action=dif
    f and it seems an edit I made is not there

       [7] 
http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/Group/wiki/TestCoverage?action=diff

    CL: Required fonts test is complete
    ... and the list values one

    AE: Has anyone else made progress on tests?
    ... Erik and Cameron are out at the moment
    ... so the connection tests (that cameron has) need to be given
    ... to someone else
    ... Anthony you had these originally
    ... did you want to do them again?

    <scribe> ACTION: emmons to email Ikivo and ask them for connection
    tests [recorded in
    [8]http://www.w3.org/2008/08/07-svg-minutes.html#action01]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-2124 - Email Ikivo and ask them for
    connection tests [on Andrew Emmons - due 2008-08-14].

    AE: I'll try to get the time sync tests in
    ... and that's pretty good coverage
    ... we made a pretty good jump in the past few weeks
    ... I'd hoped we'd have some reviewed before the F2F
    ... should we wait until the F2F to review them?

    <ChrisL> I will update
    [9]http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/Group/wiki/TestCoverage/14-Linking
    because some of it (charmod-RI) has moved to informative

       [9] http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/Group/wiki/TestCoverage/14-Linking

    AE: We may need to hand the test suite to someone to get complete
    ... we need someone to track and update the test suite

    AG: I might be able to do that

    DS: What remains of the test suite?
    ... just looking at the test coverage

    <shepazu> [10]http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/Group/wiki/TestCoverage

      [10] http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/Group/wiki/TestCoverage

    DS: Can we just go down the list real quick
    ... I did one of the class attribute tests
    ... one of them was just making sure that everything was in the DOM
    ... the second one was making sure it was animatable
    ... I assume that means I need to use SMIL animation

    CL: Yes
    ... so you can animate it then read the values back in a script
    ... to see if it's animated over time

    DS: I'm talking about getting it working

    CL: Use a set
    ... you don't have to track it per second
    ... just check it after a set period of time

    AE: Not sure how you read the values
    ... class is not a trait

    CL: The fact that it's hard to detect that it's being animated means
    that people have skipped over that
    ... I'd say skip the test for now
    ... put something in the notes

    AE: Perhaps make an issue or get an action

    DS: I'll raise an issue on this

    AE: There are two there for me
    ... we do have some being done for run time sync
    ... section 14.1
    ... with references
    ... assigned to Chris

    CL: Some of no longer needs to be tested
    ... some of the stuff has been removed

    AE: The next section there is with Erik
    ... should keep them assigned to him
    ... next ones are connection events which I'll ask Ikivo for

    DS: People have been asking for a published version of the test
    suite

    AE: There are still a lot of things to be done between now and the
    publish date
    ... it is do-able if we have team that works on it during the F2F
    ... so the goal is by the end of F2F to have the test suite done
    ... as far as the marathon goes
    ... is everyone ok doing that Tuesday?

    CL: I wont be able to attend next week because I'll be on holidays

    AE: One thing to do is check for your edit actions
    ... if you have any just palm them off
    ... you shouldn't have too many

    DS: If you can make a report of edit actions that'd be great

    AE: I can do that Fri or Sat event
    ... so I'd like to have that ready before the marathon

    AG: I'm ok with the marathon

    DS: If we can start an hour later than planned that would be good

    AE: AG are you ok with that

    AG: That's fine with me

    rssagent, make minutes

    rragent, make minutes

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: emmons to email Ikivo and ask them for connection
    tests [recorded in
    [11]http://www.w3.org/2008/08/07-svg-minutes.html#action01]

    [End of minutes]
      _________________________________________________________


     Minutes formatted by David Booth's [12]scribe.perl version 1.133
     ([13]CVS log)
     $Date: 2008/08/07 11:58:27 $
      _________________________________________________________

      [12] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
      [13] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

    [Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.133  of Date: 2008/01/18 18:48:51
Check for newer version at [14]http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002
/scribe/

      [14] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/wit/with/
Found Scribe: anthony
Inferring ScribeNick: anthony
Default Present: Shepazu, aemmons, anthony, +95249aaaa, ChrisL
Present: Shepazu aemmons anthony +95249aaaa ChrisL
Regrets: Erik Cameron
Agenda: [15]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-svg-wg/2008JulSe
p/0106.html
Found Date: 07 Aug 2008
Guessing minutes URL: [16]http://www.w3.org/2008/08/07-svg-minutes.html
People with action items: emmons

      [15] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-svg-wg/2008JulSep/0106.html
      [16] http://www.w3.org/2008/08/07-svg-minutes.html

    End of [17]scribe.perl diagnostic output]

      [17] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
Received on Thursday, 7 August 2008 12:03:12 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 21:20:09 UTC