Re: Normalizing a 'z' or 'Z' command

Mr Danilo!

On Wed, 07 May 2008 12:45:08 +0100, Alex Danilo <alex@abbra.com> wrote:

> Erik said, inter alia...
>> The following two paths are not interpolable[4] if the lineto isn't
>> added as a normalization step:
>>
>>   <path d="M0 0l10 10z"/>
>>   <path d="M0 0l10 10l-10 -10z"/>
>
> I wouldn't expect those to be interpolable.

As a mug author I would hope for those to be interpolable - they are the
same line as far as I can tell. But if I discovered they weren't, I would
live with it.

>> I would like the 1.2T spec to define how close commands should be
>> normalized.
>
> Yes that would be good, but the number of commands in each path
> syntax element should remain equal, the implementation should
> not synthesize extra ones IMO.

Hmmm. I think this really comes down to how painful it is to make this
happen, in terms of its impact on implementations and so on. I would make
it a "nice to have" feature. So, what is existing practice?

cheers

Chaals