Re: SVG Open 2010: Organizing and Reviewing team

David Storey wrote:
> I can try to help as much as possible, especially as I'd like to try to
> attract a more designer audience to the conference. As a graphics
> format, we certainly lack that element at present.

related, updated version of some brainstorming i wrote Andreas:

Main-stream, how do we make it so? I think
- 'dress the event': add living SVG surroundings with art, gimmicks,
examples that show daily use, interactivity, a "how was it made"
(popular style like the Discovery TV program) of an SVG product in video
or maybe a poster series. Not in the paper presentation rooms, but in
the hallway or something.
- artists and designers. In Paris this should be possible. They might
not come when it's not free though. Same for many open source types, as
usual. Maybe have a free, public part on the schedule?
- YouTube (maybe live too) and press. As much as possible. Sessions,
interviews, impression. And TV folks might be interested in what SVG can
do with live video nowadays.

I'm very interested in a floor map of the facilities.

Cheers,

Ruud