Re: Conf Call Agenda Mar 5th

On Mar 2, 2009, at 04:46 , Jeff Schiller wrote:
> 4) SVG Momentum:
>  - SVG used on Washington Post:
> http://ajaxian.com/archives/washington-post-using-svg-and-vml (using
> Raphael library)
>  - Safari 4 Beta release (with SMIL support)
>  - Apple Developer Connection article on SVG:
> http://developer.apple.com/safari/articles/webcontent/fundamentalsofsvg.html
>  - discussion of improved SVG support in Open Doc Format (ODF):
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-svg-ig/2009JanMar/0068.html

In terms of momentum I think we want to get into a concerted effort to
get SVG more appreciation in widgets. The mobile industry is going
nuts over widgets, and pretty much all the relevant terminals have
SVG, yet people seem to be focusing on HTML-based widgets. I think the
WebApps group is already aware of SVG (well, I ranted at them about
it :) but we should push it in other widget-related outfits such as
OMTP Bondi (who are putting together some nifty APIs). Also, folks who
have cool SVG content could repackage them as widgets — it's simple,
fresh, fun, and gives you a chance to figure out kinks with the
widgets packaging spec that's now in last call.

Opera has a big fat DB of widgets, do any of those use SVG? Can they
run on mobile? Could you folks reach out to your dev community about
this?

--
Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/