[Fwd: Re: Progress on SVG book -- question concerning <embed> vs <object> in HTML]

From: Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>
Date: Sat, 04 Apr 2009 13:00:59 -0400
To: SVG IG List <public-svg-ig@w3.org>

-------- Original Message --------
From: 	Jon Ferraiolo <jferrai@us.ibm.com>

Hi Jeff,
As I remember things, the text that recommends EMBED over OBJECT was
written in the 2001 era, which means either IE5.5 or IE6. The general
rule regarding EMBED vs OBJECT is whatever technique works for Flash
will probably work for ASV. I haven't looked at the recommended
JavaScript magic that Adobe provides for Flash these days. Whatever that
logic does probably will work for ASV also.

Jon