Re: Belated Regrets and infos on SVG Open/SVG in IE

On Nov 6, 2008, at 17:41 , Andreas Neumann wrote:
> I am sorry but I couldn't make it to todays meeting.

Me too, I was with customers almost all day.

> SVG Open:
> I did not hear back from Brad Neuberg (Google) - but he is still on
> holidays. I am expecting an answer next week. I forwarded you an
> inquiry
> from China regarding SVG Open 2009 or 2010. I don't think it would
> be a
> good idea to hold SVG Open 2009 in China, but depending on what you
> think
> it may or may not be an option for 2010. I will inform you as soon
> as I
> know more.

Can you elaborate on why you think it would be a bad idea, or is it
just a question of it being on short notice? Do we have information on
SVG usage in China, on what's supported in phones and the like?

> SVG plugin for IE:
> currently the most promising lead in this direction is using Mozilla
> SVG
> for the plugin. Jonathan Watt could work on this (from december on),
> but
> he still doesn't have official backing by the Mozilla management.
> Jonathan
> thinks that the project needs to have official backing to make it an
> official Mozilla supported project. Otherwise support and security
> updates
> can't be guaranteed and it wouldn't be accepted by organizations to
> install. I think he is right on this. It seems like our next step
> should
> be to convince Mozilla management that it is worthwile to spend some
> resources (manpower, marketing) on the SVG in IE project.

Does that means that he's leaving Joost? (not an important question,
but I'm keeping a tally :)

Is there any way in which he believes that we could help him convince
management? Would it help if we got some organisations to manifest
interest?

--
Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/