Re: HTML 5 Canvas spec [3D and SVG]

David,

Thank you for jumping in on this topic. I'm only jumping in now
because I'm so behind in my email...

HTML 5 Canvas brings up an SVG frustration for us. That is, 3D displays!

SVG in my opinion becomes very interesting in the context of Web
applications (as apposed to Web pages...I mean applications like
Google spreadsheets, docs, etc.). However, applications - and
especially those in life sciences and medicine - often demand 3D
graphics.

A standard means for displaying high-quality 3D images would go a long
way towards making SVG irresistible!

Don

Donald Doherty, Ph.D.
Founder and Chief Science Officer