RE: Agenda for Thurs Call (Sept 11th) -- canonical examples

My regrets to the group. I discovered that I'm teaching at that time.
Two disparate threads converge.

In case my thinking vis a vis canonical examples (as opposed to torture
tests) wasn't clear, the basic idea is that examples of how to do things
are good. Examples that are stripped of extraneous detail make more
sense than ones with irrelevant detail. My earlier note included one
"simplest" example. Perhaps a couple more might help to convey the idea:

1. at http://srufaculty.sru.edu/david.dailey/svg/simpleTemplate.svg I
have a simple page containing script that both adds to and removes from
the DOM based on mouseclicks. I think the code is about as simple as it
can be. (Note it adds an onclick attribute rather than the apparently
preferred modern way of adding listeners.) But I'm sure this group could
improve it.

2. at http://srufaculty.sru.edu/david.dailey/svg/objectSVG.html is a way
of using <object> with script that works in IE/ASV (most of the time
<object> and SVG and script don't work due to security things in ASV --
Dave Raggett just explained it to me but I'll have to reread til I
understand.) There is no type attribute in the <script> tag (required in
HTML4, but not in the draft of HTML5 and this reflects my own bias as
well, I suppose).

Anyhow, that's the sort of thing I have in mind.

Cheers
David