FW: 2-D physics and web layout

I realized today that I had somehow sent this to the wrong place...
(apologies for redundancy, but it was really meant to be inthis place
rather than the other (and I'm not really sure what
public-svg-ig-request is))

All the better since I found some things to add to it..... [I'll put
those in [square brackets]]

The updated version of this stuff is being maintained at
http://srufaculty.sru.edu/david.dailey/svg/Spec.html

(with plans to move it to the wiki soon)

The talk of Yan Li and students at SVG Open concerning extensions to the
spec for mapping purposes also motivates a part of the reason for
construct.

I know that once my semester is in full swing I will have much less time
for this which is why there is an urgency to get the ideas out before
they are completely well formed. The link above should give a clearer
view, at least until it moves to the wiki.

Thanks for your patience

David