Re: Action-1715: figure role

OK,

Why would we need a separate role for caption and why would aria-labelledby
not work in the mappings?

Rich

Rich Schwerdtfeger

From:	Steve Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>
To:	Richard Schwerdtfeger/Austin/IBM@IBMUS
Cc:	"public-svg-a11y@w3.org" <public-svg-a11y@w3.org>, "WAI
            Protocols & Formats" <public-pfwg@w3.org>, HTML A11Y TF Public
            <public-html-a11y@w3.org>
Date:	08/31/2015 09:20 AM
Subject:	Re: Action-1715: figure role

Hi Rich will follow up on this next week when I am back from vacation.

There has been some discussion of late around the current mapping for
figure/figcaption and how appropriate it is for the figcaption to be the
label for the figure. This has brought me back to considering the need for
a caption role for figcaption.