RE: do you use polling, pushing or triggering data?

Hello Frank

That depends on the underlying communication technology. We support sensors that use both request/response mechanisms (polling) as well as asynchronous communications (push/triggering/peer-to-peer). SPARQL and RDF is by nature request/respond. In case of meters using pushing (like battery powered radio meters), the last reported values will be used.

I'm not aware of the single largest installation of our system, as this is managed by our partners. However, our system is dimensioned to be able to manage hourly values from at least 300'000 sensors (for instance electricity meters) on a single machine. Since it can be built into clusters as well as super-and subserver architectures, the upper limit depends on architecture and use cases. We have simulation tools to simulate behavior. Normally, when calculating possible dimensions, use cases are modeled first, and the simulated in our tools, to check if performance is sufficient, given an IT architecture.

Sincerely,
Peter Waher

Peter Waher, Gerente General
[cid:image001.png@01CE1420.4973FC10]

Clayster Chile Ltda
Calle Blanco 1623, oficina 1402
Valparaíso, Chile
Teléfono: +56-32-2122533, +56-9-64324113
Nextel CD: 46*206*14419
Skype: peter.waher
Correo electrónico: peter.waher@clayster.com<mailto:peter.waher@clayster.com>
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ClaysterLabs,  https://twitter.com/PeterWaher
LinkedIn: http://se.linkedin.com/pub/peter-waher/1a/71b/a29

La información contenida en esta transmisión es confidencial y propietaria y no puede ser utilizada por personas distintas a su(s) destinatario(s). La utilización no autorizada de la información contenida en este correo por cualquier forma puede ser sancionada criminalmente de conformidad con la Ley Chilena e infringir normas sobre propiedad intelectual, propiedad industrial o secretos comerciales. Si ha recibido esta transmisión por error, por favor destrúyala y notifique al remitente telefónicamente, con cobro revertido o vía e-mail. Atendido que no existe certidumbre que el presente mensaje no será modificado como resultado de su transmisión por correo electrónico CLAYSTER Laboratorios Chile Limitada, no será responsable si el contenido del mismo ha sido modificado. Visite nuestra página WEB www.clayster.com<http://www.clayster.com/>.

The information contained in this transmission is confidential and proprietary and it cannot be used by any person other than its addressee(s). Unauthorized use of the information contained in this transmission in any form may be punished under Chilean Law and be considered a copyright, industrial property or trade secrets infringement. If received in error, please destroy it and notify the sender by calling collect or e-mail. As there can be no certainty that this message will not be modified as a result of its transmission via e-mail, CLAYSTER Laboratorios Chile Limitada shall not be responsible if the content of the same has been modified. Visit www.clayster.com<http://www.clayster.com/>.