Re: I am interested in Semantics and Sensors.

Hi,

please see some of our projects (should answer your questions) - all use
the SSN ontology (+ extensions):

http://lsm.deri.ie (115,000 sensors) and http://superstreamcollider.org/
(Web-based construction GUI + viz) - papers and extensive docs available
for both

Via COAP / IPv6 + SSN: http://spitfire-project.eu/

A generic architecture and implementation for semantic sensor and the
cloud (Github is already online, but not filled yet - give us 2 more
months for the first release):

http://openiot.eu/

Best,

Manfred

On 26/02/13 15:55, Peter Waher wrote:
> Hello Frank
>
> In our system (running on servers or plug computers, gateways, etc.),
> semantic data for all connected sensors is generated on the fly (on
> demand). It has a built in SPARQL engine which can process a variety of
> RDF triple sources. One such type of triple source is an on demand
> converter of sensor information to semantic information. As we control
> the SPARQL engine ourselves, we don’t have the need to create a huge
> triple store for all semantic data necessary to describe the sensor network.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Peter Waher

Prof. Manfred Hauswirth
Digital Enterprise Research Institute (DERI)
National University of Ireland, Galway (NUIG)
http://www.manfredhauswirth.org/