RE: TTS append / queueing

From: Jim Barnett <Jim.Barnett@genesyslab.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 08:03:14 -0700
To: "Dominic Mazzoni" <dmazzoni@google.com>
Cc: "Hans Wennborg" <hwennborg@google.com>, <public-speech-api@w3.org>
Yes, that would work, though  I'd like to think about the details.  For
example, the current proposal is to use a URI parameter to direct the
browser to a remote resource.  Presumably the page author could switch
engines by changing the value of that parameter (and setting it to null
to indicate the browser's default engine.)  But we wouldn't want to let
the author switch engines in the middle of an utterance, would we?  So
maybe that URI parameter gets pushed down into the utterance structure.
(Or, alternatively, the URI could be passed as an extra parameter in the
call that sets the utterance.)

-          Jim