Re: Additional parameters to SpeechRecognition (was "Speech API: first editor's draft posted")

confidenceThreshold

I think we all agree that speech recognizers have a concept of confidence,
and that it can be mapped to a monotonically increasing range of 0.0 to
1.0.  However, specific values (for example 0.5) do not correspond to the
same level of confidence for different recognizers.

I believe that if the developer does not set the confidenceThreshold, the
speech recognizer should use a default value that is appropriate for that
recognizer.

A complication with a confidenceThreshold attribute is defining the default
value (if the value is read, but not written, what value does the BROWSER
return? - particularly because the optimal default value may vary from one
RECOGNIZER to another).

Perhaps instead of an attribute, this should be a write-only value,
specifically a setConfidenceThreshold method.

/Glen Shires

--
Thanks!
Glen Shires