Re: SEP2: Add Support Durations, Dates, and Times

Hi Jerven, Gregory,

Thanks for this! Looks like a good start. I can't open github issues
that aren't labelled "New Feature", which doesn't seem to fit the situation.

Here are my comments:

1) We should document the mapping of SPARQL function names to F&O
function names. For instance, I'm assuming YEAR(xs:date) maps to
fn:year-from-date().

2) We should extend ADJUST() to work with argument types of xs:date and
xs:time as well.

3) We are missing the following operator: xs:time + xs:dayTimeDuration

Otherwise everything looks good.

FYI MarkLogic already implements these datatypes in RDF and SPARQL, and
supports the operators. It also supports all the F&O functions under
their original names, ie:

prefix fn: <http://www.w3.org/2005/xpath-functions#>
prefix xs: <http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#>

select (fn:year-from-date(xs:date("2020-02-10")) as ?year) {}

John

--
John Snelson, Principal Engineer              http://twitter.com/jpcs

MarkLogic Corporation                         http://www.marklogic.com