Starting on issue 55 and 32

From: Jerven Bolleman <jerven.bolleman@sib.swiss>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2019 15:33:32 +0200
To: public-sparql-12@w3.org
Dear Community,

Welcome and let's get started :) We have a see of ideas and proposals to
work with, thanks to everyone who made an issue!

Now the ideas need to turn into reality, which means turn them into a
number of mini specs that are implementable (i.e. have a good
covering test suite, decent corner case coverage and reasonably formal).

As a learning exercise I would like to start with issue
https://github.com/w3c/sparql-12/issues/55
and
https://github.com/w3c/sparql-12/issues/32

These are extending the number of inbuilt functions to match the XPath
3.1 specifications.

What I want to do is have both a spec and a test suite for implementers.
This is a training issue for us to discover how we can work together and
encourage implementations that our wider community can build upon.

For those who are interested in following along I will be working
on it this Wednesday 1st of May 12:00 UTC time. I registered a gitter.im
chat room on which anyone interested can join
https://gitter.im/sparql-12/community#

Of course this is not the only issue of interest and I encourage
everyone to start on helping specifying their topic of interest.

Besides specifications, we are very interested in best practices
regarding SPARQL on the public web. I would like to start
with using some of the things we have done for sparql.uniprot.org as
a template (hoping you agree they are best practices ;)

Regards,
Jerven