Re: files or database for solid pods [Was: Towards Solid Lite]

Le Tue, Oct 31, 2023 at 03:41:40PM -0400, Kingsley Idehen a écrit :
> That's exactly how we use Solid atop our Virtuoso platform (which is a DBMS,
> WebDAV file server, Middleware combo). Basically, you can work using
> fileystem interaction patterns while the underlying data is accessible via a
> number of interfaces and returned in a variety of negotiated formats.

We tried to do the same a few months back, based on our own semweb
framework <https://www.cubicweb.org> but we got lost in what seemed
like a maze of specs in which we did not manage to trace a clear path
to reach our goal within the time we had available.

My guess is that other people would be tempted to give a shot at their
own implementation with their preferred toolset and that there is
value in having a clear reading path for implementers in that set of
documentation / recommandation / test suite.

Is that a problem that Solid-Lite would address in some way ?

--
Nicolas Chauvat