Re: files or database for solid pods [Was: Towards Solid Lite]

Le Tue, Oct 31, 2023 at 04:40:31PM -0400, Kingsley Idehen a écrit :

> Solid is supposed to be about choice on both the client and sever sides with
> regards to read-write operations. It will always lose its way when
> specificity (on either side) creeps in i.e., whenever the abstraction
> becomes leaky.

+1

When I do an HTTP GET on some apache server configured to serve a file
system, I get HTML.

When I do an HTTP GET on some search engine, I get HTML built on the
fly to show the results from a database query.

My browser wants HTML and will not care if that HTML existed as a file
before my GET or was built right after my GET arrived at the server.

Do you think we could have the same with the abstractions of Solid ?

--
Nicolas Chauvat