Re: Solid CG Chair Election 2023: Chair Self-Nominations

Hello everyone.

I'm autodidact ever since 2004 and was exposed to the Solid Project when I
met Mitzi Laszlo in 2018.

Back in the days I put together a Node Solid Server that's available at
solidweb.org, which is a grassroots project. Melvin Carvalho, Michiel and
me are listed in the Terms as Maintainers, but I do administer it mostly
alone (although Timea Turdean has the ssh-credentials) and do renewals of
the certs and Version updates. Because we discuss the Migration of
solidcommunity.net to CSS (or our own fork of it) I think solidweb.org
could serve as historical preserved Node Solid Server for anyone who needs
a NSS.

I have low self esteem, I cannot share my learning expedition with folks
and Madams in my mother tongue. Sharon Stratsianis introduced me into the
SolidOS-Team and I stop by occasionally. I don't know much about Linked
Data, Json-LD, but have a very basic Turtle understanding. I also provide
two CSS instances, a 6.1.0 at solidweb.me and a 7.0.2 at teamid.live.
solidweb.org has ~3000 accounts, solidweb.me ~500 and teamid.live (which
also serves as MVP for an organization to be founded in 2025) just has two
dozens.

I did an Auth-Upgrade to Jeff Zucker's
https://jeff-zucker.github.io/solid-file-client/docs/examples/ .

I know how to ssh, to ftp and to docker-compose. I did an Internship at
redpencil.io for 3 months and procuced a custom `index.html` for a CSS
instance for them. I have admittedly large gaps in the REST-model (the
PUTs, PATCHs, POSTs etc.) and in the examination of http-headers. `curl`
here is the way to go. I am doing a 9to5 job but have on usual days a free
slot from 17:00 to midnight and on weekends.

I beg you only to vote for me if you explicitly want to have a Junior
Partner and someone who is eager to learn and willing to work on his
mindset.

I put my Linkedin into here
https://www.linkedin.com/in/ewingson/
https://www.linkedin.com/company/meisdata-io

and herewith apply of self-nominate for Solid Community Group chair.
As last thought I want to mention a possibility Melvin mentioned and
introduced.

What if you want me to be a https://www.w3.org/Guide/chair/buddy.html ?
Would someone (e.g. Michiel or elf or someone we did not even thought of
yet) want to be a Mentor ?

I would love to do useful work for us all and add my name to
https://github.com/w3c-cg/solid/pull/3/files

Cheers, Matthias

this document 2023-11-24 https://hackmd.io/M2QZMk2gRlqqe_L0fKr4pg?view
----