Re: solid.community and solidcommunity.org

Am 11.10.2020, 20:06 Uhr, schrieb Tim Berners-Lee <timbl@w3.org>:

> So the overall resilience of the solid ecosystem is in general
> increasing.

First, thank you for the much needed clarification and all efforts put in
the switch-over by Tim, Jackson, Alain, Justin, Melvin, Eric, et al. The
password-reset worked fine for me. The new domain is safe under the roof
of the organization and this can' t be underestimated. As I read, the
server, the data and the provider didn' t change. Speaking as one of the
several mentioned other Pod-Providers I want to emphasize that I do my
very best to maintain the part I am responsible for in the best, most
professional manner I am able to, although my capabilities are limited I
try to act according to the Code of Conduct and common ground, serving the
project.

I think it might be of interest to communicate the switch (although
recapitalizing) in every possible way to avoid misunderstandings and
confusion. I have good trust that every channel will be used and the
functionality and the trust in the system will increase.

Decentralization, diversification and choice of options go hand in hand.
So it' s good to have possibilities to choose from. I have no idea what
happens SEO-like cause solid.community has made its way for some years.
solidcommunity.net as new main Pod-Provider is welcomed and embraced
warmly. Let's spread more hope for the Web of the future and this is not
neccessarily or solely meant technical.

I will do my part and think in terms of 'we' instead of ego.

P.S. the subject line of the mail has a typo, it' s .net not .org

Kind regards, ewingson

--
Matthias Evering
me@evering.eu