Re: How does the identity provider return two tokens?

Hello,

Returning two (or more) tokens is a standard part of OIDC. You can read
about it at
https://openid.net/specs/openid-connect-core-1_0.html#TokenResponse

In other words, when a client requests a token from the identity provider
(e.g. at the /token endpoint), the response will be something like:

{
   "access_token": "<DPoP-bound Access Token as JWT>",
   "token_type": "Bearer",
   "refresh_token": "<Refresh Token>",
   "expires_in": 3600,
   "id_token": "<ID Token as JWT>"
  }

The client can retrieve the access token and ID token from this JSON
payload. If "offline" scope was part of the interaction (and supported by
the identity provider), then a refresh token will also be provided.

Regards,
Aaron