Re: Authentication draft: difference between dpop-bound access token and oidc id token

> What is its use then?

There are two parts to this:

1. In order to conform to OIDC, producing an ID token is a required feature
2. A client may wish to display information about a user (e.g. a profile
image, a name, etc) as asserted by the identity provider.

A client isn't required to use the data in the ID token, but the webid
claim would likely be useful.

> Should I infer that it may be used to refresh the dpop-bound access token?

Here, you are thinking of a "refresh token". That is a third type of token,
which (if an identity provider supports that feature) can be retrieved from
the token endpoint if the "offline" scope was part of the initial
authorization code flow request.

-Aaron