Re: practical organization next Solid Community phone conf

On Tue, 19 Feb 2019 at 12:56, Ruben Verborgh (UGent-imec) <
Ruben.Verborgh@ugent.be> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> Thanks again for the nice phone conf earlier this month,
> the notes of which are available at
> https://www.w3.org/2019/02/05-solid-minutes.html
>
> I have taken the initiative to organize the first phone conf,
> but my schedule makes it hard to do this every month.
> As such, I have looked for a replacement.
>
> Organizing phone confs is a purely administrative duty.
> Determining the agenda is up to the community;
> also, that organizer is not necessarily the chair of the conf.
>
> I suggest that Mitzi from Inrupt takes up
> the administrative duty to keep the monthly phone confs going.
> She would then, for now, ensure these phone confs happen.
> What happens during the phone conf is all (y)ours :-)

+1 if it is the case that Mitzi is volunteering, which was not 100% clear

Regarding meetings some questions :

1. Should we make it a long term goal to use Solid for meetings?
2. Which meeting technology to use, im not a huge fan of gotomeeting, tho
it does work, for now at least.  What about things like : https://jitsi.org/
3. Keep minutes via IRC / Zakim for now? (Its tried and tested)

Possibly relevant to (1) and (2) is a group uris spec and chat prototype I
made some years ago for solid :

https://melvincarvalho.github.io/groupuris/